Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's all in the nose






As many of you know, my main passions are for flowers and paint. Anything to do with them interests me. It is time that I own up to my other passion: perfume. Scent. Fragrance. Mmmmmm.
Rarely do I purchase fragrances at the mall or box stores. In fact, I cannot remember when I did last! I have been spoiled by the internet. Shop around, click a few times and, within days, the new treat arrives on my doorstep. Splenderosa's Marsha loves fashion. I go for the latest scent creations instead.  

My favorite go to source is Lucky Scent. I know it as an online store, but they also have a physical store in LA called Scent Bar. It will certainly be a must-see when I next visit LA, along with Giannetti Home, the shop of Velvet and Linen's Brooke Giannetti.  




At LuckyScent.com, boutique fragrances are available from around the world. If you choose, you can be notified by email of the latest additions to their offerings. Each perfume has a wonderfully written description. If I could compose thoughts like they do, I'd have a best seller for sure. 

One of my favorite things about the site is that each scent also has reviews posted by customers. Some are hysterical, most are sincere and helpful.
Bath, body and skin care products are offered, along with scented candles, diffusers and room sprays. 

And, no, they did not ask me to write this! I just wanted to share with you and urge you to check out their website.

I always purchase samples first at a very moderate price. How else can you tell? Often I am surprised at the combinations that I am drawn to. 

My latest finds were honeysuckle and jasmine scents. No wonder- they are beautiful summer scents. I am now in the market for a fall / winter perfume. 





I would love to know- what scents are your favorites? Do you know of any fabulous perfume stores?






2 comments:

  1. Love and tears reminds me of a song out of the '60s - rain and tears. I was madly in love at the time and the man involved was not exactly at an arms length away. No doubt I would have bought Love and Tears if it had been on the market!
    The most wonderful perfume that I ever came across, it was withdrawn from the market years ago, but remarketed only in the US, is Peut Etre by Lancome. My oh my, I have never found something like it again. I was forced to switch to another one, and that was 'Y' by Yves Saint Laurent. Unfortunately that is also disappearing from the scene. There are about 12 very expensive different perfume bottles on my shelf, but they are not all for every day use.
    Another perfume that I hold a memory of is Bond Street by Yardley. My mother used this and it was wonderful to cuddle up to her and smell this.
    Have a nice day with wonderful scents all around you!
    Jacoba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amgel by Thierry Mugler is always a favorite and Chanel #5 a classic forever.

    Oh, I have a Giveaway by the French Basketeer that I think you will love!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete