Thursday, September 16, 2010

From tiny to gigantic



That is how my garden grows this year. 

The roses are making a small comeback and sending out a few new blooms. Here is a new coral rose in formation:







When you are choosing your plants for the home next spring, I highly encourage you to consider a plant that has never failed me. It not only lives through drought and rain, warmth and coolness, it blooms all summer and fall. Check out the angel wing begonia. I place it in partial shade and water daily (as all container plants) and then watch it explode. My front door is partially blocked at this point in the season by these wonderful shiny, green leaves and red blossoms.






On a lark, I decided to try planting elephant ears this summer in a few areas of the yard. They must have loved the heat, because they really took off. They are 5 feet tall and the leaves are amazing. 






What veining!






Last, but not least, I thought I'd share the view out of my kitchen window. The passion flower vine is taking over! I chuckle every time I look out. Actually, I like the privacy it gives us, as we rarely close any curtains.







A big congratulations to Crystal and Anne over at Rue magazine for their online debut today! Pick up a glass of wine and enjoy!




Linking up with Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
 and 
  with Jessica, at A Few of My Favorite Things, for Favorite Things Friday.




2 comments:

  1. I tried elephant ears in my Hamptons garden one year and did not have success. I think I will have to try them again next year...thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veining on the Elephant Ears, gorgeous. Angel Wing Begonia, check. Your house must be so beautiful, Ann.

    P.S. Love Rue magazine, too!

    ReplyDelete