Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cultivated Pleasures



After visiting Greet's lovely new outbuilding in this Belgian Pearl post (here) and admiring Trish's poppies and David Austin roses in this Trouvais post (here), I thought I'd share some bits of my garden with you. The tulips, helleborous, magnolia and dogwood are in full bloom now, with the lily of the valley, tree peonies and lilacs almost ready to burst.

Before I started painting and plastering, I really wanted to open a garden accessories and antique shop. I would have named it Cultivated Pleasures as I've always loved that name. Wouldn't that be a perfect blog name? Hmmm....


The small round leaves in the foreground are European ginger. We split them every year as they make a wonderful ground cover.



 

These last two photos are of a unusual specimen of peony.

Have a fun weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous photography!!
    The european ginger is one of my favorites... have you noticed the little "jugs" that hang underneath the foliage? I think they are its blooms.

    ReplyDelete