Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Veggies and fruits for your walls

I chuckled when I saw this ad for Tollens paint, but it demonstrates a great way to transform your color preferences and ideas into actual colors for your walls. Gather up those photos you've been setting aside and take them to the paint store for color matching. Or ask your decorative painter to create a special finish based on the fish you've got in your hands!   



I found these veggie images with great color:



 




and when I saw the recent issue of New York Spaces magazine with the articles on using color in the home, the veggie and fruit colors just leaped out from the paper:




This is a lime plaster sample I created on textured wallpaper.


These fun peach colors...



certainly made their way into this room!


Who can resist these luscious colors?




They were my starting point for this sample of paint and water-based waxes.


Paint and water-based waxes


You can find color ideas everywhere, even in the kitchen!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, I found you through Maria at Color me happy. Prior to going back to school for interior design, I was a muralist and faux painter. I love reading about color and what it can do, so I'm pleased to find your blog. I loved transforming spaces with paint treatments, but I tired of carrying paint cans and climbing ladders, so now I design for artists like you to bring life to a space. Glad to have found you.
    www.divinedistractions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found me!
    I know exactly what you mean- going up & down the ladders and scaffolds is surprisingly physical. Makes me stay in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lime plaster over the embossed wallpaper....the movement with the waxes is really nice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent images and examples of how nature is influential in our design visions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum...and love your water based wax finish!

    ReplyDelete