Monday, May 10, 2010

Exquisite and eclectic


Have you noticed all of the gorgeous wallpapers available to us lately? It can be a tough decision when it is time to design a room. I seem to lean towards the hand painted wallcoverings. What about you?

Here are some that I've earmarked:




This is fragment of a wallpaper printed in England in the 1500's. It still looks like a current damask.

Wallpaper by Carolle Thibaut-Pomerantz

I think this is an exquisite damask. I love the background texture along with the gold design on top.



Porter Teleo produces some wonderfully funky designs. Fromental, a relatively new company in London, offers "papers" that are actually a combination of hand painted and embroidered designs.


Cherry Blossom from Fromental
This is a color sketch for the Vermicelle pattern
produced by Emile Jacques Ruhlmann, a French designer and decorator whose company was a major force in the Art Deco movement. This looks so modern even now!
 
Wallpaper by Carolle Thibaut-Pomerantz



Of course, it goes without saying that the papers from Phillip Jeffries, Maya Romanoff and Ronald Redding are amazing.



I liked this idea of framing this 1925 art deco wallpaper. Perfect in this contemporary setting.


Wallpaper by Carolle Thibaut-Pomerantz

3 comments:

  1. Love David Bonk! ....and that RL damask is to die for....I think I will copy it!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all amazing. I love the Fromental rendition. It is so new and fresh! I wish wallpaper companies would come up with a medium that would be easily replaced. That is my biggest reason for not using wallpaper anywhere in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all wallpapers! The wallcovering options available today are endless, sophisticated and definitely not my grandmother's wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete