Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tree peonies on Show & Tell Friday


Participating in "Show and Tell Friday", I'd like to share the stars of my garden this week.  The tree peonies have exploded. We estimate to have easily over 100 blooms in white, shades of pink and purple. I've also put a photo of the beautiful, blooming cream clematis. Several of the blooms graced a wedding bouquet last week, along with our lily of the valley. Needless to say, along with the lilacs that are finishing their blooms, it smells heavenly every time I even go near an open window!
 


purple tree peony



 coral tree peonies



close up view

pink tree peonies


back border


the cream clematis next to chives

the bare tree is a citrus tree

the lilacs- very scented!


early morning before the tree peony blooms open
the small round mounds in the front border are European ginger

10 comments:

  1. Your yard is amazing! And the peonies are stunning - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my- your yard is lovely.
    I so want a perennial border/bed.
    How on earth did you start?

    Laura

    White Spray Paint

    I linked to the same party-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard looks enchanting. I love working in the yard and it appears you do to! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clematis...and that lilac!!!!!! Some things can't be bought...an established yard and garden is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    Laura-
    When I moved in, the back yard consisted of dried out grass and a chain link fence. The lilac was the only bush, but it also looked sad. It has taken twelve years to get here.

    Start out with removing old bushes and then bring in leaf humus if you can find it. It enriched the soil much better than topsoil. Do that yearly and get to know other gardeners to share plants with to keep the costs down. Gardeners are usually very willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG ! What a stunning back yard. I know that must really be a blessing to you. I'm very jealous! Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics.
    Happy Mother's Day
    www.divinedistractions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to have all this on your doorstep - May is a wonderful time of year!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and following.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have ever seen a tree peony. They are bigger than I had imagined. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete